A Strategy to Stick with your New Year’s Resolutions!
Guest post from SheisDallas.com
Whether you are hoping to lose weight to spend more time with your family, a New Year’s resolution won’t work unless you have a plan. For most of us we say “I want to stop eating fast food” (that’s one of mine) or “I want to read more” (another one of mine) but if I don’t plan it out, I will not succeed. So when you jot down your New Year’s resolutions for 2013, you also need to write down a plan for each of them.
According to 123newyear.com, there are things you can do to keep focus on your New Year’s resolutions:
1. Try to start slow, one resolution at a time
2. Try to be clear about what you want
3. Chalk out a plan — organize your thoughts and stick to the plan
4. Don’t wait to start planning on New Year’s only — plan now!
5. Learn from the past, and try to avoid making the same mistakes
6. Be positive about your resolution — a positive attitude is a great motivator
Here’s another great motivation — tell your friends and family about your New Year’s resolution. Having support from the people close to you will help you succeed. And when you do, be sure to share the celebration with others. This is a good time to toot your own horn. Especially if you conquer something really hard like losing weight or quitting smoking.
And if you are wondering, here are the top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for 2013!
Hopefully this is the year that you are able to overcome the resolutions that plaques you every year! Good luck!
Do you have a New Year’s resolution? Please share your resolutions with us. Comment below and maybe we can help you stay on track!