7 Ways to Save Money at Target from Coupon Mom
Stephanie Nelson, founder of the 7 million member CouponMom.com website, wants to share a few of her favorite secrets for getting the ultimate savings when shopping at Target! With a little effort, you’ll be able to get great products with big savings every week.
1. Find Advertised and Unadvertised Deals. One of the most popular deals lists on CouponMom.com is our Target deals list because we list advertised and unadvertised deals, updated several times per week. New advertised deals are added weekly when they change on Sundays.
2. Use Target Store coupons. Find printable store coupons at Target.com and look in the Sunday newspaper coupon circulars for specific Target store coupons.
3. Use the Cartwheel App at Target.com. Look for the Cartwheel logo in the Coupons section to find additional discounts. Offers are updated several times per week and do not last long. Sign up with your email address, select offers you like, and print the page of offers which will have a barcode at the top of the page for the cashier to scan. You can also download the Cartwheel app to your phone and have the cashier scan the barcode from your phone. The Cartwheel discounts are on top of your other sale prices, coupons and gift card promotions.
4. Gift Card Promotions. Target has gift card promotions that give you a Target gift card after you purchase selected items. You can also use coupons to buy the items. If you want to stock up on the promotion items, you can divide your order into separate transactions, and use the first gift card you receive to help pay for your next set of promotional items.
5. Use the Coupon Stacking Policies. You can combine store coupons with manufacturer’s coupons, on top of Cartwheel discounts and Gift Card promotions. The Target Deals List on CouponMom.com will give detailed instructions on which coupons and promotions to use on each deal.
6. Take Advantage of Target’s Price Matching Policy with the Coupon Mom Price Matcher Tool. Target matches competitors advertised sale prices. CouponMom.com has a Target Price Matcher Tool to make it easy to create a price-matching list for Target using your local stores’ prices. Go To CouponMom.Com and click on the Target logo and then click on the “Price Matcher Tool”. Enter one word of the name of an item you need to buy, such as toothpaste, and you’ll get a list of advertised sale prices in our area for toothpaste. Select the lowest price, and add it to your list. Continue your search and add them each to your list. When you are finished, you’ll be able to display your Price Matching list and print a copy to take to the store along with the advertising circulars for the stores to show to the cashier. The matched prices are organized by retailer, so you’ll be able to find the items in each circular easily. Circle the item ahead of time so you’ll be able to get through the checkout process more efficiently.
7. See it in action. Check out our video on CouponMom.com in the “How to Coupon” section titled “How to Get Free Deals at Target” to learn more.
Stephanie Nelson is the Coupon Mom. Her web site, www.CouponMom.com, has 7 million members, and she is established as the nation’s top expert in couponing across the country. Stephanie has been on every major national television talk show and taught millions how to save money for the past 13 years. She has been called ‘”the rock star of the recession” by the Washington Post and her book, The Coupon Mom’s Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bills in Half, is a New York Times best seller.